Increase in Entrepreneurial Spirit
With an influx of people moving from the GTA comes a whole range of business opportunities. Already, signs of this trend are evident in both urban and rural communities around Sarnia-Lambton. In Lambton Shores, area business gears up for cottagers and live entertainment at the Huron Country Playhouse. Real estate development carries on all communities. Specialty retail shops are opening, and the new Alix gallery in Sarnia is driving the arts scene.
Entrepreneurs planning relocation from the GTA will find a full range of support services, whether you're considering opening a new business, relocating your existing business, or buying an operating company from a Sarnia-Lambton business owner.
- The Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership (SLEP) provides support to people who own and operate local businesses. Whether you are thinking of starting up a new venture, or expanding an existing business, SLEP can help.
- The Sarnia-Lambton Business Development Corporation helps small businesses in Sarnia-Lambton be more successful by creating permanent jobs and wealth in the community. Business counseling and access to capital is available to both existing and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Visit the Government of Canada's Canada Business - Services for Entrepreneurs website for information about starting a business in Canada, market research, exporting, importing, and foreign investment.
- The Ontario Business Program Guide website provides information on government funded programs and services for Ontario businesses.
- The Sarnia-Lambton Industrial Alliance is helping to market the services of local engineering and fabrication businesses.